miércoles, 29 de septiembre de 2010

Buddha-Man


Hoy quisiera dedicarle la entrada a un buen amigo Neozelandes, Barrie, compañero de viaje....y como el lunes marcho de aventurasas-vacaciones, pues me he acordado de el...asi que escribire en ingles!!!
Today I am writing to dedicate some words to a good friend whom I met in the middle of an incredible vacacional trip two years ago. The mountains of the north of Vietnam, the landscape that decorated our friendship, the lands of Sa Pa; Tiger, the beer that made the difference; and monkey man the crazy local man that gave us the funniest night of the trip!!! Even Meri´s madness when after a couple of hours missing I came back to sleep to the house where whe rested was great.
An enourmes man that travelled with his daughter Jessica,who didn´t stop talking before, or even after with anyone he crossed by . His purpose was to travel around the world every year or two with one of his childs and show them how most part of the world lives, the world that survives with no more than a couple of dollars.Show and teach them how fortunate WE are, being how we are and living where we live. "I must do the same when I have children", I thought to myself!!!! "What a great father!!!
After a couple of years I still remember him. Every once in a while we exchange emails for notice. Since the beginnig he offered his help for anything Meri and myself needed. Nice, outgoing, generous, enjoyable, familiar, adventurer, sportsman (although a bit fat for sporty good looks), same type of stupid jokes I like, and really in love of his family and nature, this is just how he is. A great friend besides the distance!!!
Hopefully sooner or later we will see each other once again. Due to the world economic crisis his plans to come visit France and Spain this year have been postponed. Maybe the mountains of the north of Spain, maybe the incredible Kiwi mountains, or perhaps trekking in Nepal will be our next adventure....even the NZ 2010 Ironman could be the dream to come true...who knows??? But we will have a couple of beers in the future somewhere and somehow for sure!!! and lots of fun garantied!!!!
Hugs and the Best of All for You and your Family
Your Friend

2 comentarios:

  1. Wow - I am blown away by those kind words but it is true - that anyone can become friends when people have something in common, that being humour, sport, the mountains, music and of course - Tiger Beer!! did I mention women??? It is true that I am no longer Buddah Man but I am competing in half marathon walking. My best time is 2:14 (21kms).

    Rafa, even though we only spent a very short time with each other I know that we will always be friends. This is a guy who picked up my son, Jordan, in Barcelona and took him to a Madonna concert on his motorcycle, probably bought him some beer (haha) and looked after him - memories my son Jordan will hold for life and I owe you for that - many thanks! Hopefully one day when you have children I can return the favour - maybe U2 will be still touring (I think AC/DC may not be!! haha).

    All the best my friend for your Ironman and I look forward to hearing about your success. I wish you and Meri a safe vacation and look forward to the photos.

    My Mary and I look forward to one day meeting you both and enjoying one or two cold Tigers!!

    adiós a mi amigo

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hey Barrie, you really look great in that foto!!!!
    Thanks to u

    ResponderEliminar